We invite all Health Tech & Med Tech startups and companies to register at the European Smart Health pitching competition taking place during day 2 of the Smart Health Technologies in medical diagnostic and treatment Forum, Iași-RO, 7-9 February 2023, the Forum that will bring together European gamechangers of the medical and health technology fields, determined to make systemic improvements in the healthcare system across Europe.
All you have to do is complete the open registration form on the Medic Nest official website and confirm your participation!
Date: February 7th-9th, 2023
Event: Smart Health Technologies in medical diagnostic and treatment Forum
Location: Iași, Romania – Grand Hotel Traian, Eminescu Hall
Format: On-site event
Registration deadline: February 5th, 2023 (inclusive)
About Smart Health Technologies Forum
It is the Forum that will bring together European gamechangers of the medical and health technology fields, determined to make systemic improvements in healthcare across Europe and willing to share scientific and technological knowledge, promote innovation and connect science with business.
We aim to enhance collaboration exchange of knowhow and internationalization of medical business, while enabling networking opportunities for startups and companies.
The Smart Health Technologies in medical diagnostic and treatment Forum is organized by the Imago-Mol Cluster, under the Medic Nest European Project and supported by the North-East Regional Development Agency, Rubik Hub accelerator and ‘Grigore T. Popa’ University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iași, Romania.
Health Tech & Med Tech – Connecting technology with healthcare.
Is considered the application of organized knowledge and skills in the form of devices, procedures and systems (technology) developed to help deal with people’s personal health and improve quality of lives. They measure the data and give feedback about it. Their aim is to improve health through prevention methods and monitoring. This includes pharmaceuticals, devices, procedures and organizational systems used in the healthcare industry, as well as computer-supported information systems, … basically any technological solutions related to Health Tech that can be delivered or consumed outside of the hospital or any medical facility.
Is about technology-based apps or devices that can be used inside the hospital/or medical facility. It focuses on treatment, diagnosis, patient care and health improvement. Med Tech is a part of Health Tech that takes care of the therapeutic and diagnostic parts of the health problem, consisting of medical machinery, software, devices and tools. Its purpose is to cure patients better as a result of quicker, more precise analysis, harmless surgeries and less invasive controls.
Independent organization, new or young age, with a high growth potential, aiming to create, improve and expand a scalable, innovative, technology-based product, with a high and fast growth.
- Being an European start-up.
- Being an incorporated company or with the process in progress.
- MVP-stage tech startups or early-stage startups with an experienced team
- Activating in Health Tech and/or Med Tech fields, following the above
The interested start-ups must complete the open registration form through the official Medic Nest website here. After this process they will receive a registration confirmation from the Medic Team that they will have to acknowledge and re-confirm.
All start-ups that complete the registration form, will be included in the pitching sessions within the forum.
The pitching sessions JURY includes members from the following entities:
- North-East Regional Development Agency, Romania (North-East RDA)
- Rubik Hub
- ‘Grigore T. Popa’ University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iași, Romania
- Health Tech and Med Tech corporations: Philips
- Business Angel Investors/Venture Capital Funds in Health Tech and Med Tech
- MEDIC NEST Meta – Cluster: Medvia Health Cluster, Belgium, Hellenic BioCluster, Greece and/or Leon Research, Spain
The JURY will consider the following criteria for selecting the winners of the Smart Health Pitching competition:
- Market viability
- Impact on society
- Team suitability
- Provable knowledge transfer or collaboration with research centers or universities is considered to be a plus
The start-ups will perform a 5-minute pitch-deck presentation (3 minutes pitch + 2 minutes Q&A), on stage at the Smart Health Technologies in medical diagnostic and treatment Forum during DAY 2 of the event, on February 8th 2023. The specialized audience, consisting of the evaluation committee, will then vote for the best Health Tech/Med Tech start-up of the Smart Health Technologies Forum 2023.
- All registered start-ups will benefit of a dedicated space within the Smart Health Technologies Alley (the exposition & networking area)
- Visibility and exposure to a high-affinity, specialized audience (investors & experts) looking for Health Tech and / or Med Tech solutions and investment opportunities through the 5-minute pitch
- A chance to win 1.000 EUR in cash prize
- free access to the vibrant @Rubik Hub community of mentors, peer startups within the healthcare vertical and investors
- Opportunity to become member of Imago-Mol Cluster and participate to European ClusterXchange (Health Tech Summit, Leuven, 23 March 2023 or Hellenic Bio Cluster Forum, 15-16 June 2023)
- Visibility on the event’s webpage and social media
- Mention in the Press Release dedicated to the event
- 1000 EUR cash prize
- 10 minutes presentation after the winner’s announcement
- Branding visibility in the event’s website and social media as the winning start-up of the ‘Smart Health Technologies in medical diagnostic and treatment Forum’, 2023.
- Mention in the Forum press release.